Saturday, February 28, 2009

A Day For...

Celebration. Why not? Its saturday, and I burnt my arm to a crisp today at work. Yay! Spilled a boat load of coffee on it, and now the skin's all sensitive. Thank God for burn cream, I won't have to deal with any scarring.

Today's Lent readig was chapter 3 of Exodus. God called Moses to return to Egypt and free the Israelites. He told Moses that He would go with him, and when Moses asked for His name, God provided Moses with the famous, "I AM who I AM" statement.

Then there was the reading I did in Chambers' My Utmost for His Highest. I didn't really get much out of today, but yesterday's was quite impactful. It spooke of how we limit God's ability to work in and through our lives because we continually deny Him and His almightiness. We come to God, seeking a sympathizer, seeking someone to carry us, but when we cannot see past our own brokenness, we deny God entrance into our problems, and try to fix them ourselves. I myself am guilty of this hundreds of times over. Looking back, I see times when I would turn to myself and my own strength to fix something because it seemed too much for me to ask of God. How silly I am.

After 4 days of Lent, I'm learning to find joy in where God has me right now. Its not easy doing the whole Visalia thing when I desire to be elsewhere, but He is providing for me, and He is showing me a great many things in the world around me. Sadly, though, that isn't going to be enough to live off of for the rest of my days. I'm looking forward to the time when He chooses to instigate change in my situation. Soon, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment