Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Breaking Down

Not as serious as it sounds. Today was one heck of a day. With work not starting until 9 AM, you'd think I might have slept in until 8 or so. Not me - I had the genius of an idea to wake up around 6:30 so that I could bake some cupcakes to take to work, to treat all my coworkers with a little bit of freakin' sunshine. Not today.

You see, the cupcakes were my downfall. They destroyed me today. No, its not that I ate a half dozen and I'll never work off the calories or the fat, but rather that they began a horrible chain of events that left me mentally, physically, and emotionally destroyed.

I started up some laundry before I began work on the cupcakes, just some colors so I'd have something nice to wear today. Then I got into the making of the cupcakes, only to find that there were no eggs. Bah. I easily pushed all of that stuff aside, and decided that I'd make them another day. So, with little else to do, I made myself a bowl of cereal and ate it while watching some birds feed outside the window.

I should not have delayed. When I finished my cereal and turned around, the kitchen and laundry room were FLOODED. The pickin' washing machine had overflowed, and so once I got it to stop, I spent the next half hour shop-vacuuming the rooms. ::sigh:: tired, i went to do some ab workouts and check my Facebook. After a bit, I realized I hadn't heard the buzzer for the washing machine, and whadda ya know? It did it again. 30 minutes later, everything looked pristine and clean, and the floors were dry again. It was about 8 am by now (you see? I really should have stayed in bed), and so I needed to start getting ready for work. I showerd and got dressed. By the time I was ready to go out the door a moment of paranoia struck... Wait. What happened to the clothes? Not again! I thought I had fixed it! I peered off to the kitchen - all looked well.

Then I saw the dry spot. Crap. There was so much water flooding the laundry room, kitchen, and dining room that the "odd spots" weren't the wet ones, they were the dry areas - and there weren't many left. I called into work, telling them what happened. 45 minutes later, I hated my day, and it was only 9:30.

As far as work goes, I've got some of the best coworkers. I can prove it because they put up with me today. I was a walking disaster. Let's just leave it at this: don't screw with the people who make your food. UGH. So I've got tomorrow off, and I'm really going to need it so that I can go back and actually do my job.

The silver lining to my day was working out - it feels great. Its just going to take time for me to really get into the habit of things.

In my next entry, I'll talk a bit about yesterday, how glorious it was, and Benjamin Button (a VERY interesting movie).

Now then, its nearly 8 PM and I've got places to be! The real test is going to be if I can make it through these last 4 hours without getting myself into some REAL trouble!

(PS, read Jeremiah. Interesting book.)

No comments:

Post a Comment