Saturday, January 10, 2009

...I'm just so uncomfortable in my own skin

So much going on, so little time to write about it. Typical complaint, I know.

Thursday night was the NCAA Football BCS Championship game, and even though my Sooners lost, it wasn't a letdown. I really enjoyed the game despite the disappointment. We had a good time hanging out at Satellite watching the game and having dinner. Marcus freakin' McClure is always good for a laugh. We had some fun talking trash thoughout the game... although I haven't figured out why he's a Florida fan.

But the best part of the night came after the game. A group of probably 12-14 of us went and saw Jim Carey's "The Yes Man." Its BY FAR the best movie I've seen all year! Its great to see Jim Carey doing classic slapstic type humor. I mean, I appreciate some the films he's done in the last several years, but when you think of Jim Carey, you want to see something that's gonna crack you up, and this doesn't disappoint. Its nearly a remake of "Liar Liar," but he keeps things fresh enough to be enjoyable. Good ol' Tilley.

Last night I had the chance to hang out with mi amigos again, this time over at Becca's parents' house. Results of the evening are as follows: Brigette can't play baseball. At all. Not even a little bit. Becca is by far the best Wii bowler I've ever seen - I'll upload a picture later. Oh, and let's not forget the night's crowning achievement: the MEN dominated at Scene It. Chris Duck, JT, Brent, David Chavez and I were unstoppable... until we lost the last game, that is.

That's all nice and well, but in reality, I'm terribly confused right now.

With the drastic changes that are going on in my life, I don't know how to act. I mean, part of my identity (or at least my identity of the last 5 years) is gone, and I'm all off-balance socially because of it. I'm realizing that I'm being over-the-top and off-the-wall right now, and I just want to relax and calm down. The problem is, I don't know what that looks like for me right now, or at least what its supposed to. So "thanks" to everyone who is bearing with me right now, I promise I'll come out more sane in the end; but for now I'm just so uncomfortable in my own skin its nerve-wracking.

If I'm around in a month or so, I think I just comitted to playing on praise teams for the True Love Waits conference Valentine's Day weekend. It should be interesting, and I do need to get my cello out more often. So smile. Things are crazy right now, but I've got great friends all around me, people who love and support me, and co-workers who tolerate me. Give it a month - we'll see where we're at.

No comments:

Post a Comment